EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a free file recovery program for both Windows and Mac operating systems. It recovers data from internal and external hard drives, as well as USB devices, memory cards, iOS devices, music players, and similar devices.
EaseUS Data Recovery has a major disadvantage when you compare it to similar file recovery software but it does have specific features you might like, plus it’s really easy to use.
The program offers several characteristics:
- Both Windows (XP and newer) and Mac (10.9 and newer) users can install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- You can browse through the deleted files by path in a Windows Explorer-like fashion, as well as by file type and by the year and month that the data was removed
- The results of a scan can be backed up and then reopened in the future so you can recover deleted files at a later time without having to rescan the entire drive
- Deleted files found by EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard can be sorted by their name, date, and file type
- Though a deep scan takes longer to finish versus a regular, quick scan, it can check the drive more thoroughly
- A search tool lets you search through the results of a scan to find a file by its name or extension
- Windows users can recover files from not only Windows file systems but also from drives formatted with the Mac HFS+ file system